BJP Mahila Morcha Jammu-Kashmir President Sanjita Dogra along with General Secretary Urvashi Gupta submitted a memorandum to inspector general of police Jammu regarding Dansal rape case of minor Dalit girl. The memorandum states that a minor dalit girl was brutally raped in Dansal (jhajjer kotli) jammu by four men. A complaint has been registered against the accused with P/S Jhajjar Kotli. Following the complaint FIR was being lodged.
The police has arrested only one accused who happens to be a resident of dansal, serving as a constable in IRP but three other accused are still at run.
BJP mahilla morcha is deeply anguished by the attitude of the concerned officials in investigating the matter. Following this case from last 5 days, humble submissions are submitted to IG jammu:
1) Special Investigation Team should be made to investigate the matter as one accused is serving the police department only and this could hamper the investigation and evidences can be tampered through his influence.
2) Arrest of other three accused as soon as possible.
3) Early handover of rape survivor to her family.
4) Officer not below SI rank and preferably lady officer should investigate the case.
5) Recording should be verbatim.
6) Recording should not be insisted in police station to ensure the child safety. Child should be made comfortable before proceeding to record the statement.
Sanjita Dogra in her statement to press said that it is very unfortunate that City of temples has seen such horrific incident. It is unfortunate that the police which is meant to ensure safety of the people are themselves accused and are in the dock of shielding the accused person who happens to be there colleague. She further said a memorandum has been submitted to IG Jammu demanding early arrest of other accused and child security.
Also present were Mahila Morcha Office Secretary Reema Padha.